There is no limitation of business interest area of start-up. If your start-up model is building upon an Innovation (product, process, service) and meet eligibility requirements under the applied category, then you can submit applications irrespective of geographic spread & operation in India.
Start-up business model or venture may fit to cater any of the following areas (list is indicative & not exhaustive);
• Information Technology/Software: Any business model, technology, product, and/or service that relates to apps, informational technology, software, and/or IoT applications in for profit enterprises. If the value that your business model or technology provided lies in the creation of or is delivered through an app, then you belong in this category.
• Social Entrepreneurship/Non-Profit: Any business model, product, and/or service that addresses a social need, for which profit is not the primary motivation, or provides a product/service for non-profits. Status of venture.
• Clean & Green Technology: Any business model, technology, process, product, and/or service that relates to energy, clean energy, renewable energy, energy efficiency, environmental, and/or sustainability applications.
• Advanced Technology: Any idea, technology, product, and/or service that relate to materials science, bio-technology, life science, advanced hardware, semiconductors, optics, and/or electronics applications those are not applicable to clean technology. These products and processes have been likely developed after years of laboratory research and have patent protection.
• Products: Any physical, tangible goods offered for sale.
• Services: A value adds process for delivering products of fulfilling customer needs.
There is no entry fee for the submission.
Yes, eligible under this category. And for this venture registration is not mandatory. In case you have not registered the venture, please leave company related information blank under this category.
The choice is yours, if you think your start-up is fitting to contest under that category then you are free to submit under Growth Stage Start-up category.
A team can submit two entries for two different start-ups but the same team can’t submit same start-up under two different categories.
Yes, start-up contest is part of Start-up Summit and IISF 2017. The shortlisted teams/start-ups submitted through contest will be invited to attend the Start-up Summit going to be held on 14-15 October as part of mega event India International Science festival, 13-16 October 2017, at Chennai.
A team/start-up has to fill the application & executive summary online and at the end of application you have to attach four attachments
1. A complete Start-up Model of maximum 5 pages with duly signed by team leader (Blank format can be downloaded from “Submission Instruction”)
2. A PPT of Maximum 10 slides of above start-up model
3. Scanned Signature of team leader.
4. Other documents such as innovation, proof of works, images etc. in a single document.
Yes, its mandatory for both Faculty lead and growth stage start-up categories.
This category is for academic institutions are proactively supporting and promoting innovations and start-ups in their campus and region. For example: many academic institutions have EDC, IEDC, research parks, Incubation centres, Innovation cells set up either through government, industry support and also through their own investment are encouraged to submit their entries under this category.